Extra Tough Waterproof
Provides durable protection
- Waterproof and robust fabric
- Extra flexible and breathable
- Super strong adhesion
Hansaplast Extra Tough Waterproof
*Hansaplast plasters block 99% of dirt and bacteria.
- The durable and flexible fabric dries quickly and doesn't get soggy.
- The waterproof and breathable plaster membrane keeps the wound dry and protected from dirt and bacteria.
- The super strong adhesion sticks reliably without leaving any residues.
The plasters are available as:
- strips in different sizes which seal all around the wound
Hi-DRY TEX Technology
Hansaplast developed this three-layer technology for improved wound protection. Hi-DRY TEX technology makes the plaster waterproof, breathable and ensures strong adhesion, due to its integrated coverage of an impregnated, flexible fabric and a waterproof, yet breathable membrane. The flexible fabric ensures not only utmost comfort for you, but also protection from moisture and water for your wound.
How to use
Cleansing the wound from dirt and bacteria is an essential first step to enable optimal healing. To prevent wound infections, spray the Hansaplast Wound Spray from a distance of approximately 10 cm onto the entire wound area. Repeat if necessary, then gently dry the wound and surrounding skin area.
Important: A minor wound will soon stop bleeding. If it continues, apply more gauze pads, keep pressure on the wound and seek medical advice.
Next, it’s important to protect the wound from external influences like dirt and bacteria to enable undisturbed healing. Cover your wound with the Hansaplast sterile wound dressing that best suits your needs. Observe your wound and change the plaster or dressing regularly unless you’ve been recommended to do otherwise by your doctor. You might find this wound dressing know-how article useful.
Help your wound heal safely, quickly and with a lower risk of scarring. Apply Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment regularly until your wound has healed completely. Carefully apply a thin film one to two times per day. Make sure the opening of the tube does not get in contact with your wound. Repeat regularly until the healing is completed. The Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment can be used on open minor superficial wounds and at any stage of the healing process. If necessary, cover the wound with a plaster, dressing or compress.
(one strip size)
|26 x 76 mm||16 Strips|
- 1. How often should I change my plaster?
- Usually, it is recommended to change standard first aid dressings daily due to hygienic reasons.
- 2. Is it better to let small wounds dry at the fresh air instead of putting on a plaster?
- It is one of the wound care myths that keeping minor cuts and grazes uncovered and let air to them helps them to heal faster. The contrary is true! Research shows that covered wounds heal more efficiently and have a reduced risk of infection. Hansaplast products provide protection until the wound is completely healed.
- 3. When should I consult a doctor?
We recommend contacting a medical professional under the following circumstances:
- if the wound is deep and causing major bleeding
- if the wound shows signs of infection such as redness, warmth, pain and swelling
- if there are embedded foreign objects in it
- in case of animal or human bites
- if the wound is in the area of the face
- if there is insufficient tetanus vaccination
- and of course always when you have questions or are uncertain.
- 4. What if my wound gets infected and suppurates?
- You should contact a medical professional if you recognize signs of infection. This is not only the occurrence of pus but also swelling, redness, heat, pain, itching or burning. In case of infection the wound will need medical care and special medical treatment.
- 5. Does Extra Tough Waterproof stick to the wound?
- No, it doesn’t. The Hi-DRY TEX technology and the extra strong adhesive ensure that the plaster sticks reliably to the area surrounding the wound while the extra cushioning wound pad is proven not to adhere to the wound. Thus, the plaster can be removed without pain and mechanical trauma and without leaving residues.
- 6. How can a textile plaster be waterproof?
Thanks to Hi-DRY TEX, which stands for a new innovative 3 layer-plaster-technology.
- The main top layer is made of an extra resistant and flexible fabric, which is water-repellent and dries very quickly.
- The middle layer of the plaster is a waterproof yet breathable membrane that keeps the wound dry.
- Optimal protection is ensured due to the extra strong adhesive.
This combination protects the wound reliably from external influences such as water, germs and dirt even under the most difficult circumstances.
- 7. What is so special about the Hi-DRY TEX technology?
Hi-DRY TEX technology stands for a new innovative plaster technology. The only extra resistant, breathable and waterproof fabric plaster that gives the wound maximum protection even under the most difficult circumstances.
The 3 layer protective plaster combines a tough, flexible fabric that dries quickly with a waterproof yet breathable membrane that keeps the wound dry. The extra strong adhesive ensures optimal protection and can be removed without leaving residues.
- 8. What kind of wounds can be treated with this plaster?
When you are doing hard work with your hands either during your job or free time, wounds can happen.
In case of an injury special protection is needed to ensure safe, reliable and waterproof protection. The 3 layered protective plaster combines a tough, water-repellent, flexible fabric with a waterproof yet breathable membrane that keeps the wound dry. The extra strong adhesive ensures optimal protection.
Extra Tough Waterproof protects the wound in all stages of wound healing and prevents the exposure to external influences such as water, dirt and germs. Especially in demanding situations the wound should be covered until completely healed. It is recommended to change Extra Tough Waterproof daily due to hygienic reasons.
- 9. Will the extra strong adhesion be harmful to my skin?
- Due to the superior material and product quality the product is pleasant and convenient to wear and allows optimal adaptation to the skin. The extra strong adhesive ensures safe protection of the wound but at the same time is skin friendly and can be removed without residues.
Always see a doctor if the wound is deep, bleeds heavily or shows signs of infection like reddening, swelling or warmth. Please note that, although they were compiled with great care, the tips and advice given on this website by no means substitute medical advice and treatment. If you have or suspect a health problem, consult a doctor and follow medical advice, regardless of what you have learned on this website. Always read carefully and follow the instructions for use or the leaflets of our products.
For further information, please contact us via email at Hansaplast@Beiersdorf.com