*Compared to an untreated wound
Wound Healing Ointment
Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment
An ointment to support and speed up the natural healing of minor superficial wounds like cuts, abrasions and scratches as well as first and smaller second degree burns. Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment can be used at any stage of the healing process on superficial open wounds and damaged skin.
A moist healing environment has been clinically proven to aid and speed up the natural wound healing process. Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment creates a breathable film that protects the wound from external influences while preventing the wound from drying out. This is clinically proven to promote faster wound healing and reduce the risk of scarring.
The Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment is very skin friendly. The gentle formula is dermatologically tested* and is suitable for babies, children and sensitive skin.
Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment is free of colorants, fragrances, preservatives and animal derived substances. The ointment can be combined with Hansaplast standard plasters, such as Classic, Elastic, Sensitive and Universal, as well as kids plasters.
*Skin tolerability dermatologically tested.
How to Use
Wound Healing Ointment
1. How does Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment work?Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment supports the healing of minor superficial wounds such as cuts, abrasions, scratches, first degree and smaller second degree burns by building a breathable protective film that prevents the wound from drying out. This creates optimal moist wound healing conditions, which promotes the natural healing process of the skin and can reduce the risk of scarring.
2. Does Hansaplast wound healing ointment contain animal-derived substances?No. Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment is free of fragrances, colorants, preservatives and animal derived substances.
3. How should I use Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment?Carefully apply a thin film of Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment one to two times per day. For hygiene reasons, make sure the opening of the tube does not get in contact with your wound or other surfaces. Repeat regularly until healing of the wound is complete. Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment can be used during any stage of the healing process. If necessary, cover the wound with a Hansaplast plaster, dressing or compress. Change plasters, dressings or compresses daily unless recommended otherwise by your doctor.
4. Can the Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment be used in combination with plasters containing silver?Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment is not intended to be used together with products containing active ingredients i.e. Hansaplast products with a silver wound pad. Creams and ointments can create a layer between the wound pad and the wound, acting as a barrier that hinders the silver ions to migrate into the wound. This might influence the efficacy of the product.
5. Can I use the Hansaplast Wound Spray before applying the Wound Healing Ointment?
Yes. Hansaplast Wound Spray is suitable for use before the application of Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment. For more information about Hansaplast Wound Spray, see the product page here.
6. What should I do if my wound shows signs of infection?If wounds are large with heavy exudate or signs of infection, a doctor should always be consulted. This is also the case if redness, swelling or pain develops at the wound area, the condition gets worse or the wound healing process does not start within a few days. If there’s any doubt, see a doctor.
7. How long can the Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment be stored after opening?You can use the Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment for up to 6 months after opening.
8. Can the Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment be use on babies and children?Yes. The Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment is suitable for use on babies and children.
For detailed application advice please see patient information leaflet.