What is first aid?
First aid kit checklist
A first aid box or medicine cabinet can come in various sizes and can contain many items for their owner’s needs. But there are a few items that they all should share, apart from prescription medication that you take regularly:
- Antidiarrheal treatment
- Cold medication (decongestants, cough medicine, throat lozenges).
- Basic headache medication or other painkillers
- A fever reducing medication
- Hansaplast Wound Spray
- Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment
- Plasters in various sizes (Hansaplast offers a wide selection, from waterproof to sensitive – keep a basic stock of various plasters.)
- Hansaplast Sterile Compress
- Elastic Fixation Bandage and Fixation Tape for securing dressings and compresses
- Hansaplast Blister Plasters
- Sterile gloves
- A small pair of scissors – ideal for cutting medical tape, compresses or other bandages to the right size
- Tweezers, e.g. for removing splinters or particles from wounds
- Hansaplast Anti-Insect Spray
- A thermometer
Refreshing your medicine cabinet
Keeping a convenient and well stocked medicine cabinet in a safe but easily accessible place at home is essential. Here are a few easy tips for keeping your medicine cabinet essentials updated and safely stored.
First aid for common injuries